|Step one: Grid till the cows come home.|
|Step two: Draw till you're done|
Checklist for mural preparation outside of Mr. Lambright's room:
1. Coordinate mural sign-up requests and distribute.
2. Remove sports poster "Go Tigers" - a risky move for an art teacher whose interim principal is a jock.
3. Tape off painting perimeter and apply black primer.
4. Use mathematical formula for enlarging picture.
(If you thought art teachers didn't do math, you now stand corrected.)
5. Borrow a big level and plumb line - grid the wall.
Things I learned preparing the wall:
1. Mr. Lambright's favorite color is black. Maybe it's a physics thing.
2. Did you know that if you stick ear buds up your nose, that music plays out your ears and mouth?
(This is the kind of stuff you learn after school.)